Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Abstract Unity

          I found this image on google when I was looking for a new background a while ago. Although I didn't end up using it, it has came into use for this blog assignment. I couldn't seem to find any reference to the artist who created this but I will include the URL where I found it at the end of the post. Unity is the relationship among the elements of a visual that helps all of the elements function together. Unity can be created by using 6 different techniques: grouping, containment, repetition, proximity, continuity and closure. In this image, the two heads are grouped together in the center, and also sharing the same shades and colors, and also repitition of the effects coming out of the back of their heads. This is certainly an abstract example of unity, but I find that it represents itself well.

 You can find this artwork at:
http://wallpaper-s.org/90__Unity_in_Abstract_Art.htm

8 comments:

  1. I love this image. The use of the negative space, figure combined with a huge burst organic and mechanical(?)objects spewing out the back, monochromatic,the male/female figures, and the placement of the image within the negative space. This image seems to be entirely about opposites however, the style, color, and "spewing stuff" unite the two figures. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece. I really like the way that the artist used grouping, repetition, proximity, and continuity to define it. The unity shown in the design serves as an excellent accompaniment to the emotion being expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are exactly right with what you said about the unity created by the back of their heads. I think the shapes created that all have sharp points also create a sense of unity throughout the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also see the subtle use of unity in this piece. The way the heads are grouped together and the repetition of the objects coming out of the subjects heads. There is also unity in the color of the background and the color of their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhhhh. I absolutely loove this picture. It's gorgeous. I can't explain how this reminds me of unity, but it really does. It's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This show the passion between man an woman for me. By the use of the proximity of the faces brings you to connection of the lips. The design flowing from the heads create movement pushing the lips together. nice display of unity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this image a lot. Abstract art is my favorite to look at, and to create. This is also a great example of unity in a very seemingly simple way, but the detail of the two heads is great. Excellent post =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi cory please follow my blog http://unwanted2.blogspot.com/.. I too love creativity..

    ReplyDelete